Saturday 24 December 2011

Today is a special day

Not only is it Christmas Eve but it's also our Wedding Anniversary. This was not at the forefront of my mind as I was helping S in the bathroom just after she woke up and she grabbed my arm and bit me. It was not a deep bite - as with her more common aggressive symptoms, she clearly has some kind of degree of control as at the moment she never really hurts either me or her daughters, and I'm sure she could if she really wanted to. Often the peaks of aggression are followed by a demonstration of her utter frustration at the situation, usually expressed in sobbing, shaking and little screams. Then she usually becomes calmer. It's as though she just has to get the aggression and frustration out of her system. At least I'll be more aware of the possibility of being bitten in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment