Saturday 11 June 2016

Fit number 5

S had another fit today - the fifth, I think. This time I hadn't even got her up. I was upstairs on the exercise bike and I always have the baby monitor attached to the handlebars. I was suddenly aware that S was making the horrible gargling which I now know means 'fit'. Straight downstairs and no doubt about it. As I have her sleeping in what is just about the recovery position there wasn't much to be done. I felt a little calmer than the last time but it's always horrible being on your own. I tried a few calls to people who might have been available. The first few weren't, but eventually I had a friend, a Carer/PA who was due later and came straight round and S's daughter plus husband and kids. By the time the first of them arrived, things were definitely on the mend and S was in a deep sleep. Every so often there was a bit of drool from her mouth including a faint trace of blood which I reckon was probably because she'd bitten her tongue slightly. After about 12 minutes I gave her the Buccolam spray (prescribed sedative) but not the whole syringe full as she coughed a bit as I squirted it onto her inner cheek.

Don't know how long she slept but she had her first drink not much later than she usually has it (around 10 a.m.) followed by pretty much normal breakfast.

S's daughter and family stayed right into early p.m. and daughter has said to call her straight away if there are any further problems.

There's been some progress in dealing with the fits in a way. After each of the first two we spent most of the day at A & E and weren't much the wiser after all the testing. Following fit 3 we phoned the surgery as the GP had suggested and he came round shortly after. During fit 4 we were able to talk to him on the phone. This time we couldn't even do that because of the weekend but I'm not really worried. Hopefully, we'll have 3 or 4 months before the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment